On 20/11/2022 06:22, siddsu...@gmail.com wrote:

Would the modified firmware present any serious differences that prevent it from being used with USRPs/UHD?

I can't give you a perfectly reliable answer.  I've never used anything other than the Ettus-supplied LC_XO.

One of the mods I'm aware of is that the Jackson Labs GPSDOs generally don't start producing their 10MHz and 1PPS signals   until they have GPS lock, and the modified ones produce them from start-up.

Other differences may be things like whether they produce NMEA or proprietary output strings by default, etc.