On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 5:53 PM <jmalo...@umass.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently following the instructions listed at this link:
> https://files.ettus.com/manual/md_usrp3_sim_running_testbenches.html
>
> I am currently having trouble making the testbench for the N321. I have
> been able to successfully build the project, however, I am confused in
> regards to getting the simulation running on Vivado.
>
> In which directory should I make the command “make xsim.” I found a folder
> “/workarea/uhd/fpga/usrp3/top/n3xx/sim” with 6 directories, each with a
> Makefile and testbench systemverilog file. Is there something I should do
> with those? When I run “make xsim” in them, I get a “No rule to make
> target” error.

The xsim target is mainly used for simulating specific RFNoC blocks inside
of a design - not the full design itself.  I don't think there is a full
top level design simulation, but I could be wrong.

Try navigating to fpga/usrp3/lib/rfnoc/blocks/rfnoc_block_ddc and try
running `make xsim` there.

What exactly do you want to simulate?

Brian