Hi everyone. Got a brand-new B200-mini device, installed all the tools etc.
Ubuntu sees the device correctly once it's attached to the host:

<home>:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2500:0021 Ettus Research LLC USRP B200-mini

However, any attempt to run initial UHD verification (as per
https://kb.ettus.com/Verifying_the_Operation_of_the_USRP_Using_UHD_and_GNU_Radio),
for example, by running uhd_find_devices, fails in the following way :

<home>:~$ uhd_find_devices
[INFO] [UHD] linux; GNU C++ version 11.3.0; Boost_107400;
UHD_4.4.0.0-0ubuntu1~jammy1
[INFO] [B200] Loading firmware image:
/usr/share/uhd/images/usrp_b200_fw.hex...
No UHD Devices Found
--------------------------
When I re-run 'lsusb' now, The 'B200' device no longer shows up:

<home>:~$ lsusb
-------------------------------------
At this point, it now requires power-cycling the B200 in order for it to be
recognized by the OS again (which presumably re-loads the default factory
image that comes on the built-in flash)

So, the problem is this: it appears as if in the process of loading the
firmware image (which comes as a part of running any of the UHD utilities)
the device loses connection to the system, causing it to no longer
enumerate on the OS, so that the subsequent steps (of 'uhd_find_devices' in
our example) can no longer be executed (due to 'No UHD Devices found').

The questions I have are these :
1) Is this something generally known, with a known solution, or is there
something wrong with my particular system, the B200 device, driver
installation etc.?
2) Is the problem really caused by the FPGA image loading, or some other
non-FPGA component being disturbed causing the device to disconnect? Is it
possible the image attempted to be loaded the wrong one( usrp_b200_fw.hex
incompatible with the hardware)?
2) Is there a work-around? For example (preferred by me): can I run UHD
with the option passed to commands of not-loading the FPGA image every time
a command is executed? Say, a config file that UHD reads to know what to do
with the device? I want to be able to deal with the B200 with whatever
static image I've loaded up on it (be it the factory image or some future
custom image)

Thank you.