From: Ofer <o...@navigicom.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2023 1:47 AM
To: usrp-users@lists.ettus.com
Subject: [USRP-users] E320 not detecting any devices after power failure

Hello all,
I operate a USRP E320 using an externa battery. Usually I have time to shut it
down in an orderly fashion before the battery is depleted.
On one occasion it happened that the battery was depleted before I had a chance
to shut it down properly.
Since then when I run uhd_usrp_probe I get a message that no devices could be
detected.
The E320 boots up normally and I can communicate with it using both serial
console and LAN.
I initially suspected an SD card image corruption and I tried to rewrite the
image using mender.
I tried the same version I am using (UHD 4.1.0.5) and I tried a newer version
UHD 4.4.0.0 and and older version UHD 3.15.LTS.
Nothing seems to help. The E320 still reports "No devices found". I even tried
uhd_usrp_probe with an argument of IP address. Nothing helps.
Here is a sample dump:
root@ni-e320:~# uhd_usrp_probe
[INFO] [UHD] linux; GNU C++ version 9.2.0; Boost_107100; UHD_4.4.0.0-0-g5fac246b
[INFO] [MPMD FIND] Found MPM devices, but none are reachable for a UHD session.
Specify find_all to find all devices.
Error: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
Empty Device Address

Can someone help me fix this problem? Point me in the right direction?
Is it fixable by myself or do I have to return the unit to be serviced?

Thanks,
Ofer Saferman