It will not connect to the cloud at all. Simple as that. Your gNB needs to run locally, as it probably contains the PHY, which needs to talk to USRP directly. The USRP doesn't "get an IP address". Nothing like that exists for these devices – they are but sampling devices, not remote radio units. Your PC, together with the USRP, forms the radio unit.

Best,

Marcus

On 14.09.23 14:04, Sivanesh Kumar K wrote:
Hi marcus,

I am trying to test 5g by using usrpb210 in gtp platform. so, i deployed core and gnb in cloud .

for example i am opening cloud in local host via vpn and connecting usrp b210
in local host.

how usrp will connect to cloud platform . i think its possible to communicate each other via ip address

how will get usrpb210 ip address . if possible, give the command .

*From:* Marcus Müller <marcus.muel...@ettus.com>
*Sent:* 14 September 2023 15:51
*To:* usrp-users@lists.ettus.com <usrp-users@lists.ettus.com>
*Subject:* [EXTERNAL] [USRP-users] Re: How to connect usrpb210 to google cloud
/CAUTION EXTERNAL MAIL WARNING://This message has originated from an external source. Use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email and report this mail (using the applicable "Report Mail" buttons) if you believe it includes malicious content or is a phishing attempt./
/

/

Hi Sivanesh,

this is a bit confusing: Google Cloud runs on Google's datacenters. Your USRP is connected to your PC, not to google's datacenter. So, long story short: you need to do initial signal processing on your PC, then can transfer signal, or data, very likely at a starkly reduced data rate, to the cloud, for further processing, if that's what you want. I'm really not sure what you want, though: