(having trouble with 2 attachments, will try to reply to this new thread)

I can’t find the default FPGA images for my N210 in my Ubuntu uhd installation,
could someone please assist me?  Here are the steps I performed to install the
uhd:

I installed Ubuntu version 24.04 in my Lenovo X220 laptop (SSD wiped clean for
Linux only, not dual boot).

I installed the UHD driver into that laptop using these commands (from the
Ettus Research USRP Hardware Driver and USRP Manual website):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ettusresearch/uhd

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libuhd-dev uhd-host

Each of these processes completed without errors.

I successfully pinged the N210 at its address:  192.168.10.2.

I executed the uhd_usrp_probe command, the first screenshot attached shows the
result, indicating that the device firmware and FPGA images needed updating.

I entered the following command to update the FPGA image:

uhd_image_loader --args="type=usrp2,addr=<IP address>,reset".

The actual command string that I typed was:

uhd_image_loader --args=“type=usrp2,addr=192.168.10.2,reset”, where I used the
IP address for the N210 specified in the Ettus Research N Series quick start
daughterboard installation guide.

The second attached screenshot shows the terminal dialog result for this step.

Evidently the following two files are missing from my uhd installation:

usrp_n210_fw.bin

usrp_n210_r4_fpga.bin

and it cannot find the images directory.

The terminal prompt in the second screenshot is asking me to run the following
command:

"/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/uhd/utils/uhd_images_downloader.py",

but I didn't see a "uhd" subdirectory in my "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu" folder.

I tried using the Linux "find" command to look for the "uhd" subdirectory
somewhere else in my Ubuntu installation, but I couldn't get the find command
syntax to work properly with hidden folders.

Could someone please advise where the FPGA images should be located in my
installation?  Thank you.