> To test out the new utrace interface (I was using kernel
> 2.6.26-138.fc10.x86_64), I ported the crash-suspend.c example from the
> old interface to the new interface.  It is attached to this email.

Thanks, David.  I'd been meaning to get around to updating that example.
I'll take a stab at making it actually work as advertised.  The changes you
made get it building again, but it needs a little work to actually do its
intended job again after the changes to signal/resume reporting.

> Feel free to ignore/delete the extra debug printk's.

So, you're not using systemtap! ;-)

> When run, it does what is is supposed to do, but triggers a BUG_ON
> message when the crashed/suspended process is put back in the foreground.
>
> Note that I don't have any real feel for whether the bug lies in my
> crash-suspend.c translation or the new utrace itself.

With this sort of failure, you can be pretty confident that it's a
utrace/kernel-core bug and not your module's fault.

I fixed the crash, which was a logic error in utrace_report_jctl.
That makes fg appear to just swallow the crash signal, which is not right.
But no more crash.  I think I'll only need to change the module to get it
right now, but there might be more kernel bugs lurking before I'm done.