> Perhaps we need more changes here, but I think this one is most important.

Agreed, we definitely do.  For the generic case it needs to complete what
do_signal_stop would do.  That is, do_notify_parent_cldstop and maybe also:
        current->exit_code = sig->group_exit_code;
Though it might be now that it obsolete wrt your newer exit.c changes,
and either nothing uses that ->exit_code or only ptrace does.

However, we want to suppress that do_notify_parent_cldstop for ptrace,
where its ->report_jctl has already arranged to deal with that.  So this
would have whatever the same new "inhibit-wait" check is we use inside
tracehook_notify_jctl for ptrace, but we haven't decied on that yet.
Hmm.  Perhaps it can just call tracehook_notify_jctl here.