Does this mean you intend to abandon the ptrace-revamp draft series that
added ptrace_context et al cleanups in the pre-utrace code?  Or are you
culling bits from there to integrate differently now?

> It should be used for ptrace_set_action() and ptrace_set_stop_event(),
> the current usage of ->ptrace is racy.

Indeed.

> Also, ->exit_code and ->last_siginfo should live in engine->data too.

Well, task_struct.exit_code has core non-ptrace uses, i.e. wait.  What you
mean is stop overloading it for ptrace wait status and resumption signal,
and use appropriate explicit bookkeeping for that ptrace_context.

> Eventually, all ptrace-related members should be moved from task_struct.

Yay!  (ptrace-tracee-related, you mean.  The ptrace-tracer-related ones of
course still have to live somewhere hung off task_struct, though they
sorely need cleanup as we know.)

> Note! with this patch every attach means the memory leak, we never
> free engine->data. I am not sure how we should free, let's discuss
> "[RFC, PATCH] teach utrace to destroy engine->data" first.

Ok.  Then I'm not going to merge this one for the moment.  I'll follow up
on that thread shortly.  I'm sorry I did not get to it before today.