Jan, Roland, I have the question.

Currently, if a tracer does ptrace(DETACH, tracee, SIGXXX)
and then another/same tracer does ptrace(ATTACH, tracee)
then SIGXXX will not be reported to the new tracer.

Why? Should utrace-ptrace be 100% compatible here?

It is not trivial to implement, and I don't understand why
it is important to keep this behaviour. But we have the test
case which checks this: attach-into-signal.

Could you explain what can be breaked if SIGXXX will be reported
to the next tracer (assuming the 2nd ATTACH is fast enough) ?

I do not think there is a "real life" application that does
ATTACH + DETACH and relies on fact it must not see this sig.

Oleg.