> Yes, but utrace-ptrace does a lot more in ptrace_resume() compared
> to upstream. If the tracee is not stopped, then ptrace_resume() can
> race with the tracee in many ways. This is mostly harmless, I think,
> but still I did
>
>               if (task_is_traced(child))
>                       ptrace_resume(PTRACE_CONT, SIGKILL);
>               ret = 0;

That is fine enough.  But it's probably good to attain confidence that
these races are truly harmless.  If it can clobber tracee->exit_code, that
is no worse than old ptrace, though it would be better to make that
impossible.  If it can post signals, that is fine since this is only for
the already-SIGKILL'd case.