On 11/13, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > Nothing wrong (I think), but this is more complex and implies more
> > unnecessary work.
>
> You mean the code path taken is longer.  But the code's logic remains simple.

The logic a bit complicated too, because ctx->signr is overloaded.
Otohm, I don't like to add "bool send_trap" into ptrace_context.

But yes, it is still simple.

> > But: I am not sure yet, but I think the current code is not optimal for
> > that, it was written to report *info without force_sig_info().
>
> I don't really follow that bit.
> But I'll just see what new code you come up with.

No, you won't see the more optimal code ;)

I was going to use UTRACE_REPORT instead of UTRACE_INTERRUPT and factor
out some common code in report_quiesce/report_signal, but that was a
bad idea.

Please see the simple 130-132 patches I am sending, tomorrow I'll
try to understand/fix the breakage caused by utrace-cleanup changed.

I tried to understand why the kernel crashes at least, but no luck
today. The kernel just hangs silently without any messages. Fortunately
this all is reproducible ;)

Oleg.