We're really only interested here in the current development utrace code.
The version you get in RHEL5 is a few generations old, and for using that
source yourself, you're pretty much on your own.  We've gone through a few
rewrites since then, and for good reasons.

If you are using actual RHEL5, you can go through your normal support
channels for help on that.  I don't know off hand of anybody who wants to
help you with support for using RHEL5 kernel source built with a set of
options different from what RHEL5's own builds use.  For kernel developers,
that is a really ancient kernel now.  For enterprise support folks,
changing big important config options for rebuilding from the stable old
kernel's source is outside the scope of "stable" and "support".