I don't know any prebuilt packages to recommend (but I haven't looked,
either). There was some discussion on the uphpu list recently about
starting a project. Perhaps the two goals mesh. . .

Dave

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/11/03 7:17 PM >>>
Hello all,

I'm looking for an open-source (preferably in PHP)
web-based contact and orders/sales management program.

A local company is looking for a solution to manage customers and
orders.
Ideally it would have the ability to group customers by region and have
region
managers fill the orders for all customers in their region (but this
could be
hacked into an existing order system.)

I'm not looking for an ecommerce solution.

Here are the use cases:

1- An admin creates a customer (inputs the customer's info.)
2- The customer can log in with a username and password and place an
order (or
check on the status of the order.)
3- A sales rep logs on and sees all the customers in their region and
can fill
them, place a note on the order, etc.
4- The admin can view stats/reports on customers/sales reps

Ideas?