On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:08:05 -0500, Michael Halcrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 09:12:36AM -0600, Grant Robinson wrote:
> > >http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040727/cgtu014_1.html
> >
> > Umm...Did you read the article?  300 Mbps does _not_ outperform
> > fiber.  Fiber is already well past this.  Fiber carries light, so it
> > is much more adaptable than most technologies, which makes it a
> > great fit, as it will be able to carry more data in the future as
> > technology advances.
>
> Perhaps I should have qualified my statement; I was refering to
> currently depoloyed fiber solutions by Verizon when I made the
> performance claim.

But you also claimed that the fiber would be obsolete, which can never
be true.  The remarkable thing about fiber is that as technology
improves you can still use the same fiber.  The theoretical limits are
way way beyond what anyone expects to be able to use in the forseeable
future.  Copper doesn't have that, neither does wireless (unless you
get into laser, but that requires line-of-site... or fiber.)