* Chris Alvarez [Mon, 26 Jul 2004 at 10:03 -0600]
> Here is my grub.conf file:
>
> # grub.conf generated by anaconda
> #
> # Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
> file
> # NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
> #          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
> #          root (hd0,7)
> #          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda10
> #          initrd /initrd-version.img
> #boot=/dev/hda
> default=0
> timeout=5
> fallback=1
> splashimage=(hd0,7)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
> title Windows XP Professional
> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
makeactive # try putting this in here
> chainloader +1

> title Linux Fedora Core 2 (2.6.5-1.358)
> root (hd0,7)
> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
> initrd /initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img
>
> Chris Alvarez
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ext. 1-3837
> IS&T Web Applications Services
> Novell, Inc., the leading provider of information solutions
> http://www.novell.com

Try adding that line before you go playing around with the partitions and
such. As a side note, I have NEVER had a problem with boot loaders and
windows not loading after installing linux. Knock on wood, eh? But for me
I have always been able to coax it to load with somewhat-beyond-nooby
know-how.