On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 06:15:31PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to track an email that a user
> swears they sent it and it is confirmed as leaving our mail server
> and smtp server but never gets there?

When it comes to email, ``getting there'' is an elusive concept.  :-)

> No, error messages, no undeliverable messages - it just disappears
> into neverland.  The recipient never gets it.

It may be a spam filter.

> The only common denominator seems to be certain recipients, and
> their IT people seem to be too busy to help or don't want to help.

Tough.  Let the recipient know that his ISP sucks and he is not
getting important emails.

A sneaky way to attempt to confirm that the recipient probably viewed
the email is to send an mail with an HTML part that has an embedded
image that loads from your web server.

Mike