* Chris Alvarez [Fri, 25 Mar 2005 at 12:53 -0700]
> > Some proprietary software writers, however, are going too far. They are
> > doing everything they can to outlaw/marginalize F/OSS. If they can't win
> > hearts and minds, but instead have to resort to laws and threats; if
> > their arguments aren't more effective than the seemingly extreme
> > positions of RMS; there's something seriously wrong with their model.
<snip/>
> I would attack as vehemently any attempts to ban OSS as I would defend
> those who attack non-free software. My whole point is: I don't think
> that writing either OSS or non-free software is immoral. And I do
> think that copyrights are OK. I think that not wanting to copyright
> your stuff is OK as well. I personally don't care about copyrighting
> my stuff that much, but I won't start a witchhunt against those who
> do.
>
> Chris Alvarez

I don't see why you are attacking Stallman. Just because you don't agree
with his views, you insinuate that he is on a witchhunt. Stallman is
_asking_ people to consider and join the movement. He is on no
witchhunt. Many non-free software companies, however, are throwing there
massive weight around and siccing the government on F/OSS. They are the
ones trying to enforce something, and it's not even an ideal, it's their
own profit they are trying to enforce. I don't believe that people
shouldn't run Windows (ok, I do, but for different reasons), but just
because I believe that you shouldn't smoke, that it is wrong, doesn't
mean that I'm going to police you and make sure you smoke, and I'm
certainly not on a witchhunt.

Von Fugal