On Apr 4, 2005, at 3:48 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

For me OT = inappropriate.

by "inappropriate" i meant "not appropriate for BYU"... OT is separate,
and is not currently within the job description of the moderator.

Just a suggestion then to make it so. We can get a script to watch for notty words and the like. He might be able to better use his time policing the list topics, doing things a machine can't.

<snip>

We currently have a single moderator, and that moderator's actions are
already called into question any time that any type of decision is made.
I am quite certain that this type of a policy would probably A) be a
strain on the moderator's time, B) start at least one flame war about
whether or not that type of action is appropriate, and C) be completely
futile because people will continue to create OT threads out of existing
threads...

I'm not married to the idea of splitting the list. I'm just asking for an end result.

The [OT] idea sounds fine, I just hope it gets used.

<snip>
Thank you for bringing the subject up.  I am sure that ScottK will take
these thoughts into consideration.  I personally would not mind having
an OT list, and seeing if people used it...

I think the key to this is making it clear what is OT and what is not.

Again, it doesn't really matter, as long as it's clear.

(Please ignore me if none of you really care, and I'm the only one who thinks the list is too high in traffic I don't want to read.)

--J