> Generally those notifications are open just long enough to be marked
read > and then filed away.

I agree.  In other cases, just long enough to get the temporary password
to activate your account, or click on the link that says "to activate
your account click here."  Using that to our advantage, we could make
the newbies like me practically stumble over the link to posting
etiquette before they could get to the list.

It would definitely have to be concise though...nothing over a paragraph
really...

Brian