So I received yet another piece of pharmacy spam, and as usual I glanced at the
headers to see who was propagating the latest valium deals. Much to my surprise,
this piece had been sent to my personal email address. With a name like Krazek,
not much random spam gets sent to my address unless they harvest my address
(compared to simpler character combinations like vale ot byu dit edu  which
attracts spam like none other). Googling my email address quickly turned up the
fact that the following PGP key servers all have unadulterated email addresses
readily harvestable without a robots.txt

pgpkeys.mit.edu
wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
pgp.surfnet.nl
keyserver.mcbone.net (This one only showed up in cache)

Is there any reason these sites shouldn't have robots.txt warnings? Is there a
recourse to get my address off their sites? I admit I've created a couple of PGP
keys and can't remember the passwords for them. Will they drop off these lists
in a couple of years when the key expires?

Sure I don't have any particular proof, but it seems my web of trust has become
a web of spam, which really loses my trust

Scott K.