--- Phillip Hellewell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have an experience of moving from cvs to subversion
> at their work?  If so, I would be curious to hear how it went,
> and if the overall result was positive.

I was involved in a development group a few years ago that moved,
by Command from On High and over the objections of all of the
developers, from a working (and fairly complex) CVS system to
Subversion.  I haven't had a good word to say about Subversion
since.  YMMV, though, particularly if you're not doing anything
overly complicated with CVS.

One recommendation, if you do go with Subversion: *WHATEVER* you
do, stay far away from the BDB-based repositories.  Use FSFS
instead.