Todd Millecam wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 13:26 -0700, Matthew J. Probst wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Below are a couple of positions that are open at Verio right now.
>> Please contact me off the list if anyone has an interest.
>>
>> -matt

> That's nice, but for future posts regarding jobs, as a courtesy to
> others please include a [Jobs] in your subject line for filtering.

That would be good, but really, is that even necessary?

I only mentioned a [Jobs] filter in another message because, to me, it felt
like the person who replied about spam clearly forgot the purpose of the
UUG.  They seemed more worried about keeping the list clear of non-UUG
items.

In my opinion, the UUG is first and foremost a student group.  As such, all
conversations pertaining to Unix and Students are very much on topic for the
list.  Students care about jobs, and UUG members care about unix and jobs.

If someone is no longer a student and doesn't like the fact that this list
has certain posts that are really only applicable to students, they can
either just delete the post without worrying about it, or they can
unsubscribe from the list.

If someone is solely interested in the Unix aspect of the list, they'd be
better served subscribing to their local LUG or other Unix group list.  In
that way, posts that affect students could actually be classified as [OT] or
[Jobs].

Am I off base in my assumptions of the purpose of the UUG?

Brian