On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 08:45:05PM -0600, Todd Millecam wrote:

>   If re-elected president of the UUG, I intend to make this club more
> organized--starting with its foundations.  The club charter has served
> us well in the past, but is in dire need of an update.  I propose that
> we write a new charter--working with our faculty adviser Dr.
> Woodfield--that will better fit the needs of the UUG.

I would recommend not wasting too much time on the charter.  It's really
good enough.  Sure, we can make little changes like the thing about
running explicitly for vice president, but the charter has worked just
fine for many years.  Maybe I'm just not enough of a parliamentarian to
get a kick out of this stuff.

UUG leadership is about planning meetings, publicizing events,
encouraging participation, helping people, and having fun.  I vote for a
year of getting our hands dirty and making things happen again.  After a
year of rejuvenation, we can start talking about charters and amendments
and committees if everyone hasn't forgotten yet.

(seriously, why the sudden stink about the charter?)

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/