On 04/05/2011 07:45 PM, Brian Phillips wrote:
> I can handle the caveat of disabling the page file.  Other than that,
> there's not really any hard disk activity that would cause it to wear the CF
> card down.  Very little logging (and even then, that's aggregating, not
> write/erasing).
>
> Any stories that people want to share?

I had a computer of the same vintage that we tried this on and didn't
have success.  I don't remember the particulars, but I remember a number
of CF cards we tried failed very quickly.  This was Windows 98 I think.
 We ended up having to use a little hard drive.  Windows tends to thrash
the drive a lot with the swap file use.