On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM, John Shaver <bobjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Sabrina Friedman
> <utebachme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   - can solve fizzbuzz in less than an hour
>
> I solved fizzbuzz in 20 minutes while answering calls at work.  Am I hired?

Well, of course, when you're brain has nothing better todo then I would
expect you to get it done in 5. In fact, it's probably easier to do it while
you're answering phone calls than while trying to do it.

But just in case my real reasoning wasn't obvious:

When you're doing an interview and it's expected that you should be able to
do it in 5 minutes some people's brains (i.e. mine) just shut off and it's
suddenly more difficult. So if I say an hour, that sounds like a no-pressure
problem and it's suddenly less difficult again.

Actually, all of the applicants had a homework assignment before the
interview that was more in line with what was actually expected.

AJ ONeal