How long did you give yourself to get used to it.  I _just_ got a
mechanical keyboard and I had the same problem too.  However, I push a key
down about half way, when it makes the noise, then it sends a key stroke to
the machine.  I don't have to push it all the way down and if I lift it up
a few millimeters and push it down again it will do a second key stroke.

I find I can actually retype keys faster with my mechanical it just took a
little practice and trying to figure out the keyboard.