Does that mean "accessing data via mounted/mapped network drives and running on a local machine" or "running processes on a remote server (e.g., via remote desktop, terminal server, Citrix)?"

The ESRI family of products tends to perform poorly when geoprocessing data stored in a distant place (in network terms). Assuming you are using mounted/mapped drives, is it an option to copy the data to a local drive or to use a terminal server instead?

-P.

 **************************************************************
     Phil Hurvitz, MFR | PhD Student, Urban Planning | CBE
         1107 NE 45th Street, Suite 535 | Box 354802
 University of Washington, Seattle, Washington  98195-4802, USA
 [email protected] | http://gis.washington.edu/phurvitz
 "What is essential is invisible to the eye." -de Saint-Exupéry
 **************************************************************


On 8/14/2009 1:31 PM, Cathy Reidy Liermann wrote:
Hi all,

I’m remotely accessing a CFR server to run some Arc stuff on, and for some reason all of ArcMap and/or Catalog (whichever I’m using) just shuts down without error notice each time I try to run Extract by Mask or any other SA tool. I read online that some users found that running Arc as an Administrator can resolve similar issues, but unchecking the “restrict user priveleges” box when I open Arc Catalog doesn’t fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cathy

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cathy Reidy Liermann

Postdoctoral Researcher

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
University of Washington

School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences

Campus Box 355020

Seattle, WA  98195

Phone:  (+01) 206-685-9582

Fax:  (+01) 206-221-6939

email:  [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

FOR DELIVERIES AND EXPRESS MAIL:

UW-Fishery Sciences Building

1122 NE Boat Ste.

Seattle, WA  98105

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Uw-gis-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/uw-gis-l
_______________________________________________
Uw-gis-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/uw-gis-l

Reply via email to