Hi guys,

I'm still stuck with this.

Can anybody help out?

I would like to rotate the uwsgi log file on demand without having to restart uwsgi or any of its attached daemons.

My setup (removed some in my opinion irrelevant lines:

 workers = 3
 master = true
 daemonize = /var/log/uwsgi/file1.log
 logto2 = /var/log/uwsgi/file2.log
 log-reopen = yes
 touch-logreopen=/tmp/uwsgi.pls_rotateme
 attach-daemon = custom_daemon/writing_to_stdout_and_stderr
 attach-daemon = celery_writing_to_stdout_and_stderr

When I rename /var/log/uwsgi/file2.log with a

mv /var/log/uwsgi/file2.log /var/log/uwsgi/file2.log.old

and touch tmp/uwsgi.pls_rotateme, I can observe that a new log file is created, however some of my processes (the attached daemons) still write into the old log file.

How can I avoid this, What am I doing wrong?

Can I use something a socket logger (that writes in its turn to a file and that can be lo rotated)? Or shall I just redirect each daemon's stdout / stderr to a separate file. (And how to logrotate stdout / stderr then for these processes)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,