Hi,

I have a setup with nginx / uwsgi / Django

I'd like to do some profiling / analysis of my server:

One of the questions, that I'm asking myself is how often does it happen, that a uwsgi request is held back because it didn't have a free uwsgi worker available.

How could I identify this situations?

It is rather easy to identify when all workers are taken by just adding Django logs, that track all request starts end request ends.

But this will not tell me whether there was another pending request.
I could of course just look, when a request starts immediately after another request finished, but this might potentially give me false positives?

Does anyone know how I could measure this with either nginx or uwsgi or a combo of both?

thanks in advance for tips and hints.