Mario is right.  Those blotches are NOT coming out.  They're ingrained in the
metal.  I've hit those spots with 1500 grit again, buffed then polished once more
on the machine, hand polished with several aluminum polishes and the blotches
remain.  I did use less pressure on the wheel which seemed to help some.  You can
hand polish till you're blue in the face and all you'll end up with is a blue
face.  Again, these blotches are not black, they just aren't the same consistency
as the rest of the metal.  They look like water spots.  You really have to look up
close to see them.  I'm still happy with the results.

"Mario C. Aguiar" wrote:

> Terry and Pat Hayden wrote:
>
> > Did you finish off the process with a aluminum hand polish and a clean white
> > cotton rag?
>
> It doesn't matter what you use, you CAN'T get rid of those black spots, unless
> you have the scoops chromed, that is...
begin:vcard
n:Dell'Aquila;Pasquale
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.vmaxman.com
org:Maximus Velocitus
adr:;;;;;;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
note:1993 Yamaha Vmax,  1984 Honda Nighthawk S,  1971 Yamaha DT1-E,  1971 Yamaha DT1-MX
x-mozilla-cpt:;-16
fn:www.Vmaxman.com
end:vcard