V-MAXERS; I just sent this to people that responded to my search for
people that are going to The Honda Hoot in  NC June 20-24. If anybody
else is interested let me know. Cheers

Fellow V-maxers; I just wanted to contact you people that responded to
the Honda Hoot and see if we couldn't start formulating a good meeting
place for getting together. Debi and I have been going to the same place
every summer for 13 years, We stay on rt. 64 between Franklin and
Highlands. Incidently this is very close to some of the most outstanding
roads to ride. Several of them have been mentioned in motorcycle
magazines.
Near Asville are some very good places to meet plus awesome roads to get
there. Here are some possibilities.
PISGAH INN Restaurant on the Blueridge Parkway - This is located high
above Waynesville and easily reached by these famous picturesque
sporting and steep climbing roads: sr. 215, sr.276 and one I haven't
done sr. 151. A lot of bikers visit this up in the clouds restaurant run
by the park service. Prices are cheap food is good.
WAYNESVILLE CYCLES- Located in Waynesville of course is on state road 23
& 74. It might be a good place to meet. easy to find. This shop runs an
ad in most of the bike mags for discount pricing. Might be nice to meet
before hauling butt up to Pisgah.
DEALS GAP- Is a little further west in Robbinsville and the location of
the 'DRAGON'. This is the legendary road with the 300+ curves. Near
Robbinsville. Last year I met with Mike Tate and Bob De Grippo and had
an awesome time.
Of course there are many possibilities for meeting at other places that
others might be familiar with. I have to say that Debi and I haven't
actually gone to any of the events sponsored by the honda hoot
organizers mostly becuse we like being up in the mountains and out of
the city. Also some of the prices and time consumption of the Honda Hoot
events conflicted with the enjoyment we get out of the many places to
ride and eat. We like the Honda Hoot because everywhere we go in the
mountains there are bikers who are friendly and nice to visit with.
The cabin we stay at is about an hour and fifteen minutes from Ashville.
If anybody has the desire we could meet here. There is the greatest BBQ
place I know up in Highlands. On the way is Bridal Falls and Dryfalls
along with some great curves and sights. Lots to see down this way.
Time and preferences always makes meetings like this a juggling act. I'm
here for three weeks and open to almost any schedule. I just thought I
would start the ball rolling. In the mean time I've got to go and put my
transmission together so I can have something to ride. Cheers

--
Patrick Ahearn
VMOA #570

My V-max Home Page