Mike,
I have not been a subscriber to the Tech Line for very long, about a month,
but in that short time this is what I think I've learned about it: the "Tech
Line" is not a service associated with or endorsed by Yamaha or VMOA (of
which I assume you are a member).  It is a "chat thread" if you will, run by
Paul S. (taking a considerable amount of time at his own expense), and it is
attended by a generally well informed following.  These people are not
(please correct me if I am wrong) graduates of Yamaha'a "Care and Feeding of
Vmax Motorcycles" what they have is better, much better: PRACTICAL
EXPERIENCE!  There is an enormous amount of collective experience and
information available here FREE OF CHARGE for anyone up t the task of
weeding out the info that is not relevant to you (if your not interested...
use the delete key).  Some of these guys have obviously been here a long
time and friendships have obviously been formed and sometimes, albeit
extremely rare, friends chat about things other than their motorcycles.  It
looks like good clean fun to me and I am glad to be included through the
Tech Line.  Long story short: Nobody HAS to answer anybody's questions about
anything, but they do.  If only one person replied to your question, then
maybe only one person had some idea of what your problem was.  I have seen
that specific questions get better responses than general questions.  Thanks
for listening to my ramblings... and thanks to all of you who take the time
to respond to the queries, IMHO you are doing a hell of a job.

Dave Galusha
Promax Racing
VMOA #1177