On Wed, 31 May 2000 10:05:23 -0400, Michael Pushcarovich wrote:

>I just got a response from Richard Battles at RKA about using their bags on
>the MAX.  He was very helpful and sent 2 pictures showing the bags on a MAX.
>The turn signals were relocated to the license plate bracket with a nice
>bracket.  Anybody know about this?  Is the bracket available?  Would I need
>new wiring?  If so, is there anything that will fit the connectors so as to
>avoid splicing?

Michael,

I've got a set of RKA bags.  I ordered them with the yellow piping
to match my Corbin seat and they look pretty good.

I tried the license plate thing for the turn signals and found it
to be a little flimsy for my taste.  So . . . I got some 1" flat
bar stock and fabricated a bracket that moves the signals back
about 4 inches.  By drilling and then filing, I was able to use a
carriage bolt to attach the bracket to the bike.  Then, I
partially drilled a locator hole in the bracket so the turn
signals don't rotate.  Took the bracket, carriage bolts, and turn
signal mounting nuts to a plater and had everything chrome plated.
The existing wiring worked just fine and the end result looks good
either with the bags on, or not.

I use plastic tie wraps to secure the back of the bags to the turn
signals.  That way, I can easily remove the bags when not in use.

If anybody is interested, I'll send some pictures.

Gary Mitidiero