M,
I guess if you could get a good seal you could use a bicycle pump but
I usually use a rubber tipped blow gun on a regular air compressor,
(100+ lbs). If I do it from the top I use a tube extension tip on the
blow gun and get a fair seal against the pilot air jet, (the big jet
at the top of the carb).

Since you are spitting right at "off idle", (throttle plates starting
to pass the three bypass holes), they are probably the ones that are
plugged so I would try to put "air compressor" class air at the pilot
mixture screw hole, (with the screws removed of course), since this
would have the greatest opportunity to clear the bypass holes .. of
course either place .. or at the PAJ2 even behind the slide rubber
will likely do the job if you get enough air pressure.

The passageways are very small so it isn't like you are going to
launch a carb float or anything ........ but you will squirt so fuel
out of the passageways .. so cover the carb tops with a rag if you
have them open when doing this.

The three bypass holes are directly above a closed throttle plate ...
with the plate closed .. you get pilot mixture out of the pilot
mixture screw hole only ... as the throttle plates start to open ...
the bypass holes are exposed one at a time, (they end up underneath
the throttle plate because it is opening). As the throttle plate
passes each one it allows the uncovered bypass hole to contribute to
the pilot mixture being ingested by the engine ... once you have
uncovered all three then the carb runs off of all four holes .....
This is the only way pilot mixture gets into the engine ... once you
get this far .. there is already enough air flow to start pulling
mixture out of the needle jet .. it will sneak/spray out around the
slide needle even though the slides may still be closed ... so then
you run OK ... Obviously .. if any of these little .08 bypass holes
are plugged you will be popping back in the carbs and general bad lean
behavior, (at least until you get past them and start stealing main
mixture from the needle jet .. which is simply the tube that the
needle slides in and out of).

I apologize for turning this simple question into another novel but
some people don't know about these little holes what happens when the
little suckers get plugged up.
campbell