Been there and talk to the factory(the spin -ons are made here. the site pertains to auto filters(made at a separate plant). yes they had a problem with PH17A a few years ago, but it was only a few filters and the whole run was recalled(oversized tapped spin on threads) was the problem,after talking to engineers at Fram I will run there filters (motorcycle) anytime. And by the way here in Canada if you use a Emgo filter during warranty period (Yamaha) and the is a internal problem warranty is void and cost for repair is then up to the customer. and you thought Frams have a problem,while working in a bike shop a couple of years ago I used to see Emgo filters(cartridge type totally collapsed in housing) the shop refused to sell them and only sold OEM Yamaha,Honda,Suz,Kaw, Fram,and for people who didn't care what filter to use Vesrah.  Comments?
Tyler Pennock, # 380
V max Owners Association
Eastern-Canada Director
1987 V max 1260