Guys,
Sorry to let my self get distracted, but with the accident and then an
intensely nasty separation from my employer of 5 years, I haven't had time
or energy to spend on the list like I'd like.  If you're still looking for a
rendezvous point I have a couple of suggestions.

Traffic from the north tends to start getting messy around Round Rock.  Lots
of gravel trucks during the workdays. (youch!)  There are several
restaurants lining I-35 in Round Rock...  Cracker Barrel, Saltgrass, IHOP,
El Chico, Chili's, Applebee's, Trudy's Lone Star, and Hooters to mention a
few chains.  There's good BBQ but you need to wander away from I-35 for
that.  If you show up in the morning there's a run-down little greasy spoon
called Mom's Cafe on N. Mays that serves up a mean breakfast.

If you're coming in from the south (or east/west from I-10) there's a string
of like restaurants on the south leg of I-35. To be honest, I don't get down
that way as often as I used to, so I don't know who has the best
food/service/parking/etc. Beverly's the local Hardley hang-out/biker bar is
on Slaughter Ln.  Traffic usually starts bogging down about Ben White Blvd
a.k.a. 71, which makes it a good point at which to exit and head east.
Southern weekday traffic into town tends to be worst from 6:30 til 10:00,
the reverse from about 3:30 til about 7:30pm.  Every weekend is an exodus to
the coast so you can expect that traffic too.  Those coming from Houston via
290 won't have these traffic headaches to deal with.  I'm guessing you'll
have more two-wheeled company than the rest of us too.

Since the rally HQ & registration is east of town, anyone showing up later
in the day could rendezvous at Donn's BBQ, a local favorite, not far from
the rally site.   Map to Donn's is available at:
http://www.anywho.com/cgi-bin/mqcustomconnect?streetaddress=10003+fm+969&cit
y=austin&state=tx&zip=78724-0631

I'd like to meet up with fellow Maxers where possible.  Since I don't have
the restraints of a work schedule (grin, grin), only my need for sleep, the
inability to be in two places at once, and the desire to stay in the good
graces of Mrs. Taylor need to be heeded.  My home # is (512) 671-6521.  I'm
usually there in the evening.  I'll be gassed up and ready to go friday
morning so anyone wanting to hook up give me a call or shoot an email.  Look
forward to seeing you there.

Hal Taylor ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Round Rock, TX
'99 Vmax