When I turn the key on the Vboost opens but will not close . It
stays
open no matter what . If I manually apply power it will open &
close .
The pot. test in the book is a little confusing . I do continuity

through 1-2 & 2-3 can't figure out where is no. 4 . Supposed to
be a
test of 1-4 . Any thoughts ?
Eric H.

eric,
it sounds to me, like you are not getting enough juice to the
v-boost
system.  The reason I say this is from playing with the variable
v-boost
gadget.  In an attempt to slow down the servo action, i put a
resistor in parrallel
with the servo motor. this did what i wanted, and that was to
split the 12volts
between the resistor and the servo motor which split the speed of
the servo going
from full closed to full open in just a couple seconds.  Now when
i put TOO MUCH
resistor across the motor, it took most of the power away from
the servo motor
AND THE MOTOR  JUST SAT THERE AND TWITCHED...

The whole point here is to meter your voltage going to the
v-boost, if you have a
slightly bad connection, 'too much resistance'  then you will
have a servo motor
that will be working eratically, either not doing its full
initialization or just twitching
half way thru the routine which is what i experienced.

now, as for the measurement instructions in the book, assuming
page 7-66.......
I STRONGLY SUSPECT THAT  1-4 IS A TYPO AND SHOULD BE 1-3,
infact, i would bet on it..   WARNING: this typo may cause you or
anyone to
merge the 2 pictures together and connect your ohmmeter to the
battery which
is labeled as "4" in the first picture.  YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR
OHMMETER
IF YOU CONNECT IT TO POWER.  o.k.  yak yak yak.....

what the little box means with the measurements is that your
total resistance should be between
5.25k--9.75k (7.5k +-30%) when measured between 1-3(typo of 4).
AND the values you get
when meauring between 1-2 and 2-3 added together should be equal
to the measurement of 1-3.

now after all of this, I can tell you that i 'think' your
potientometer is fine. the POT tells the control box
where the servo motor is in its travel. You said that when you
connect alternate power to the v-boost,
it performs correctly, this means that the potentiometer is
telling the control box the correct position of
the servo.  Based on my 2c's worth, I hope that your power loss
is in your connectors and not in the
control box.

R. Betz
new VMOA member, no # yet..