Hey Chris,

I think that your best bet would be to find some kind soul on the list who's
replaced their rears with Works shocks and see if they'll give you a
humanitarian discount on the stock shocks they've removed OR call Hacksaw
(Furbur) at RMS and see if he's parting out a bike with a deal on rear
shocks OR check with the junkyards for  the same OR if you can't afford to
spend ANY money (I know the feeling) crank up the preload a notch or two and
don't worry about the bumpers. I think they're there more to protect YOU
than the shocks, but I haven't had a stock shock apart to check.

How often have you bottomed out your shocks lately? Chances are good the
rubber bumpers have been dysfunctional for about 5 years anyway.

best,
Sat Tara