Thomas,
I have Delrin mounts on my bike and I made them out of that material while following
the drawings sent by the group. I was A bit worried when I started the replacement but
as I was going through the replacements I realised how correctly the manufactured
Delrin parts were.
When I started torqueing the motor once more I did notice that some slight flexing was
needed, but mind you, when I released the original mounts they also allowed the frame
to move.

I have to state that whatever frame you have, even though they are normally all
standard V-max frames, the engine machined fixing points are 100 per cent correct so
if anything the frame is out so to conclude my explanation, if the frame has to flex
to find the proper place (mind you it is nothing compared to frame twisting for lack
of strength) then we're on the right track. DO not install shims to avoid the frame
from flexing or better adapting itself to the engine, just let it come to its natural
or designed position.

My Delrina mounts where installed & tightened 2000 miles ago and now after checking
them, the bolts are still tight as they were so all this discussion is pointless to my
understanding.

I want to make a statement about DELRIN material and that is that it is easily
mistaken by other stuff such as Nylon or Teflon. If you got that then anything can
happen (one way or the other), those bad options will still be 100% better than the
original rubbers.........

Regards,
Charles ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )