Eric Bryant wrote:

> > From: Mario C. Aguiar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > Subject: Re: best oil
> >

> > Sorry!!, but lubricity inside an engine, goes a lot deeper
> > than that....
>
> http://www.xs11.com/stories/mcnoil94.htm
>
> This article doesn't necessarly say what's the best oil for a motorcycle
> engine, but I think it does shoot holes in the "expensive motorcycle oil is
> the best" argument.

It's not only a matter of which one is best, but, which one makes the engine
RUN better.
The engine definitely runs smoother with synthetic (the proof in on the Dyno)
and a smoother engine produces less drag, and less drag means lower
temperature, and lower temperature means longer life.
I work with machinery that required bearing replacement every 2 years, (due to
the extreme pressure applied and the amount of hours in service)
Since the company switched to synthetic lubricants (5 years ago) the machine in
question, has been running without the need of bearing replacement, and the
wear has been measured to .001/.0015, (barely significant if you consider the
average size of the bearings is 8 to 9 inches in diameter.

Of course, there are those, who also write articles telling people that
"generic" drugs are the same as those manufactured in brand name laboratories

Mario