Dracer,
The larin lift is a lift that is available at "Sam's Clubs" for $99
..... It is rated at 1500 lbs .. and I don't have the box cover
anymore but it looks like it will lift around 15 inches. It is similar
in specs to the Harbor Freight, Northern lifts but the front wheels
are behind the front angle allowing it to be set on end when not in
use. I know some people that have bought these to use with a Vmax but
I haven't bothered ... I use it on my Royal. I can put the bike up and
roll it all over the garage ... sit on it etc .... However on the
Royal the pipes are outside and above the frame .. you have something
to sit on the lift rails without going to a lot of trouble.

If you are too low then you have to pull up on a 2x8, patio block or
something to raise the belly of the bike ... or put a 2x4 under the
side stand etc ... Before I had the lift, (and this would work for
Maxes), I used to put standard roll around floor jacks under each
floorboard support ... and after the front wheel was off the ground I
put one under the rear .... You can do the same with a max that has
engine guards with little effort .......  I have also rolled a cherry
picker over and picked the whole bike up ...... but my max has center
stand tabs and it will continue to have center stand tabs ....... so
it is not an issue for me.

I have not checked recently but I am sure I saw a sketch, (originally
intended for the Harbor Freight lift), on the "list" web site ... I
think Patrick Ahearn also posted an arrangement previously where he
was using a lift of this type to lift a "table" type platform with the
whole bike sitting on it and someone else was bolting an adapter to
the lower front engine mount bolts ........ Still ..... I would not
bother with a lift like this unless you had a chance to get your
adapter on the frame rails ...... I would just bolt on engine guards
and put floor jacks under the guards or lift at the wheel axles ... it
depends on what you what to do.
IMHO as always .....
campbell