Issue 36: Can't Build on Windows Vista 32-bit with VS 2008
http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=36

Comment #3 by sgjesse:
Got hold of a Visual Studio 2008 installation (on Windows XP). It turns out
the SCons
cannot locate Visual Studio 2008. When passing PATH, INCLUDE and LIB
through the
environment override SCons could locate all it needed. The following
command line
should do the trick.

scons env="PATH:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\bin;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual
Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools,INCLUDE:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include,LIB:C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib"

It's not pretty, but I will put it in the wiki anyway.

There is still an issue with building the samples with PATH overridden. I
have a
patch ready for that.

Issue attribute updates:
        Owner: sgjesse