Owner: ----

New issue 3469 by alonza...@gmail.com: Math.fround slowness
http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=3469

The Massive benchmark has a test, box2d, that has a version using Math.fround,

https://github.com/kripken/Massive/blob/master/box2d/box2d_f32_2.js

It slowed down from 6 to 82 seconds (for comparison, spidermonkey takes around 3 seconds), which I bisected to

r22434 | yang...@chromium.org | 2014-07-16 07:00:15 -0700 (Wed, 16 Jul 2014) | 7 lines

Ship ES6 Math functions.

R=rossb...@chromium.org
BUG=v8:2938
LOG=Y

Review URL: https://codereview.chromium.org/394833002

Looks like Math.fround is no longer behind a flag, and now available on the web. The benchmark checks for it, and if not present then it would polyfill it. Now that v8 ships these functions, it looks like the implementation of Math.fround is being used instead of the polyfill, and I guess the benchmark is hitting some slowdown related to it.