Updates:

Comment #6 on issue 3694 by svenpa...@chromium.org: Segmentation fault in CopyCharsUnsigned() with g++ 4.9.2
https://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=3694

NewFromTwoByte takes a 'const uint16_t* data', so the embedder should respect the alignment constraints for uint16_t, i.e. pass only even addresses. Code paths on other platforms probably depend on the same assumption, too.

We could tweak our code probably that this would work even for odd addresses, but the commit history and some comments indicate that we would probably take a performance hit then.