On 2015/02/06 15:13:00, Yang wrote:

I added even more checks and found a bug in the way we encode back references to
large objects. It could explain the observed bug. Back references to large
objects is encoded as index, but wrongly shifted by 3 bits (or 2 on 32-bit
platforms). Back reference to the first large object would be encoded correctly,
but back references to other large objects would be wrong and point to large
object pages that either do not exist, or have been allocated, but not yet
deserialized into.

VerifyBackReference adds a slight overhead to serialization (about 3-5%), but let's have it in there at least for now. We can turn it into a DCHECK at some
later point if we are confident that this bug is gone.