On 2015/02/25 21:04:38, michael_dawson wrote:
On 2015/02/25 07:41:25, Sven Panne wrote:
> On 2015/02/24 22:33:45, michael_dawson wrote:
> > In terms of turning on the build bots and getting test coverage would
> > this be in simulated PPC mode ?
>
> As a first step, yes. I don't know what the plans are for bots with real PPC
HW,
> but even if/when we have such bots, the PPC simulator bots would still stay,
> otherwise the simulator itself would definitely bit-rot.
>
> > I've been running in the simulated
> > mode to validate the commits accepted so far and the tests pass
> > other than a number of timeouts. (we also run in native mode in
> > our internal testing were results are btter)  If so, would the
> > first step be to create a review that brings the ppc directories
> > up to date based on changes in the common code since our last update
> > along with disabling the tests which timeout ? I see that there are
> > excludes for timeouts in simulated mode on other platforms, although
> > the number I see in the PPC simulated runs is higher so this would
> > just be a first step.
>
> That's perfectly fine. Having a relatively high number of tests marked as
SLOW
> and/or TIMEOUT for a new platform is the usual way to get a port working. Of > course this number should be reduced over time, but that's in the hands of
> people caring about the platform port.
>
> > For us, getting the performance opts in are important, otherwise we have
> > maintain the deltas in our repo, but I can see how getting the build bots
> > and test coverage enabled is a good step.
>
> So what needs to be done? The steps I see so far are:
>
> * Reduce this CL at hand to the kBootCodeSizeMultiplier change and land
it
> (that's harmless for the rest of the system and non-controversial).
>
>    * Remove any use of V8_OOL_CONSTANT_POOL from your code and even from
your
> "internal deltas".
>
>    * Remove the PPC platform-dependent hack in serialize.cc, perhaps by
adding
> new RelocInfo::Mode.
>
> * Any other changes you still need to get things running and integrated.
Are
> there any?

What I've been looking at today is the tests which timeout.  I upped the
timeout
to 120s and the number dropped from 38 to 13 so I'm seeing what 180s does.
I'm
assuming its better to give the tests a bit more time to complete so that we
get
better coverage. It takes a while to run the full suite in simulated mode to
it
will take me a little while to find the right combination of larger
timeout/test
exclusions.

Create https://codereview.chromium.org/965823002/ to get us more current and to
remove used of V8_OOL_CONSTANT_POOL