On 2009/11/16 12:12:22, Christian Plesner Hansen wrote:
> Except for giving out a derived pointer
> (see below) it looks okay to me.

So, I'm trying to avoid a memcpy. I'd like to be able to recv() directly
into
the V8 heap. As long as no V8 functions are called, the GC shouldn't run.
Could
a method like this be exposed if it was surrounded by a big scary warning
and
combined with safer WriteBytes() and ReadBytes() methods?

SetIndexedPropertiesToExternalArrayData() is not ideal because I'd like to
pass
the data through V8, then have a C++ handler unwrap the data and access it
again. (My use case is a TCP socket which receives data, passes it through
V8,
to a C-language HTTP parser.)

Ideally I could use recv() into V8 Blob, pass it via Javascript to the
parser,
which could unwrap and parse the data without ever copying the data.

Thanks! ry

http://codereview.chromium.org/391068