Comment #4 on issue 4121 by andreasl...@gmail.com: Regression: Memory leak since at least 3.26.33
https://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=4121

Yes, I can confirm that the simple for loop example does eventually get collected. However, it was just a simple example to show that on 3.24.35.22, these objects got collected immediately. Moreover, the leak still occurs for the "real" example found at https://alubbe.github.io/memoryleak/, specifically the compiledWithDebug() function. If you run it, wait a few seconds, run it again, wait some more, run it again, ... and so forth, the mem just keep climbing. Contrast this behaviour to fixedMemoryLeak() and fixedMemoryLeak2(), where by creating the objects through a class or factory, mem stays almost constant.

Also, what exactly does --stress-compaction do? I cannot seem to find documentation on it.