On 2015/05/20 01:00:51, arv wrote:
Dmitry. I wanted to unblock you from spread patterns but this still needs a
little bit more work.

The approach is similar to computed property names in object literals. We let the array elements up to the first spread element be created like before and
after that we append elements to the array.

One alternative design would be to desugar it in the parser but the problem
with
that is that we would have to go back and change the AST when we finally know
if
the array literal is going to end up as an array literal and not as an array
pattern.

It is not clear to me why turbofan is trying to optimize this even when I call

DisableOptimization in ast-numbering.cc.

This is working as intended. The AstNumberingVisitor can only disable
optimization with Crankshaft. TurboFan is supposed to support the full language
and hence disabling optimization with TurboFan entirely is not supported,
--always-opt will always trigger TurboFan on purpose. I propose to port to
TurboFan right away. If there is a strong reason to do it separately then one can cause a stack-overflow in the AstGraphBuilder and hence perform an emergency
bailout while building the graph.

TODO:

- Classifier
- More tests